Taking a look at the highest-voted community wiki questions, it appears lot of them have been recently closed, which is concerning to me, as these are (IMO) some of the most useful questions on the site, and certainly some of the most trafficked.
- What Makes a Map Beautiful?
- What free programs should every GIS user have installed?
- What books, journals, and electronic resources are most valuable for expanding knowledge of GIS?
- Where to find QGIS tutorials and web resources?
- What are some resources for learning ArcPy?
- Great GIS, maps & cartography quotes
- What software do you use as complementary to your GIS desktop/server?
- GIS developer blogs ... recommendations?
- What are useful websites for scouting GIS related jobs?
Does anyone else share this concern?
I for one do not see a benefit to closing all of these, except perhaps for the reduction of low-quality posts from new users, which is what protected questions are for.