On the GIS SE there are questions as well as answers based on QGIS Software versions: 1,2,3 (maybe 4 in the upcoming decade).
These questions/answers I would probably split into three groups, that are:
- only valid for a particular QGIS version (in future they could become [closed])
- valid for all QGIS versions
- not yet changed (not yet uniform), so they are primarily belong to 1 but can become 2
So my question is pretty straightforward: Whether i/we should or should not update/improve/modify/adjust/edit/work on questions/answers from group 3?
If you ask me why? Because
- it might prevent the GIS SE from an overflow of identical/similar/analogical/homogeneous question/answers
- it might keep one main question/answer up-to-date
- IMHO a probability of using older QGIS version in future declines
I have seen similar topics regarding the QGIS tags and Software versions:
but this is not what I am looking for.