I've had a career in GIS since 2006, but it's also a hobby where this site helps answer lots of those off-the-beaten-path questions I always come up with.
I develop and maintain GISs for First Nations in Canada to assist in environmental management, regional and community land use planning, negotiations, treaty/aboriginal rights impact assessments, cumulative effects, regulatory reviews and environmental assessments for major projects and referral tracking, etc.
SFN, Treaty No. 8
Member for 8 years, 11 months
4 profile views
Last seen Sep 23 at 23:17
- Geographic Information Systems 8.3k 8.3k 11 gold badge3131 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 251 251 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Super User 187 187 11 gold badge11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Server Fault 146 146 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 50 What's the difference between .tar.gz and .gz, or .tar.7z and .7z?
- 45 Splitting shapefile into separate files for each feature using QGIS/GDAL/SAGA?
- 44 What free programs should every GIS user have installed?
- 42 Installing File Geodatabase (*.gdb) support in QGIS?
- 30 bulk/batch convert mp3 files to ogg via command line?
- 26 How to extract pixel value counts from a raster in QGIS?
- 25 What are the benefits of hexagonal sampling polygons?
- View more network posts →