Currently building and maintaining a few little projects using Python, Java, Android, and PostgreSQL.
StackOverflow's high question standards work for me. I keep finding the answer to my question while writing the question. At least twice, I was almost ready to hit "post", tried one more thing, and ended up switching to self-answered before posting.
Also, if my number of asked questions seems low, that's ignoring so many questions that were already answered here.
- strong types
- named parameters
- UTF-8 support
- multi-line strings
- defined behavior
- cheap abstractions
- quick data types
- succinct anonymous functions
- explicit code blocks
- "Do Something Anyway"
- method chaining on mutable objects
- bare numerics
- I use the "Skip" button a ton in reviews.
- I vote to reject super-trivial edits, or ones that make it worse.
- I vote against closure, or for reopening, questions about technologies that are strongly related to programming. They might be better on some other site, but that merits a suggestion to the OP in a comment, not a close vote.
- I downvote answers that do not address the question asked (in some way). The title is not the question.
- I search for duplicates for all questions that sound like they might have been asked before.
- I feel a compulsion to downvote anyone who complains about downvotes, but I try my best to be good
Member for 2 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 26 at 12:43
- Stack Overflow 7.8k 7.8k 66 gold badges2929 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 2.7k 2.7k 1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Portuguese Language 2.4k 2.4k 44 gold badges1717 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Expatriates 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge99 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.1k 1.1k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 162 Times-two faster than bit-shift, for Python 3.x integers?
- 69 shell command to get pixel size of an image
- 36 Why is, "If I don't use the microphone, nobody will hear me," not considered a double negative
- 35 What does the slang word "hammered" actually mean?
- 35 Convert Scala Any to Java Object
- 34 Is it OK to ignore InterruptedException if nobody calls interrupt()?
- 33 How can I avoid learning an incorrect pronunciation due to a word's spelling?
- View more network posts →