I have been working in the GIS industry since 1992, originally in capture for over 6 years and then in 1999 moved on to ArcInfo workstation and AML development.
Since the release of ArcGIS 8.3 I have been developing with ArcObjects, initially in VBA and then VB6. I started learning .net when ESRI announced they were discontinuing support for VBA and VB6, since then I have become fluent in VB.net and C# using ArcObjects.
I have had some success in using GDAL/OGR in C++ and .net and have written successful and useful programs.
I have developed with python since ArcGis 9.2 through several versions of geoprocessor.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
33 profile views
Last seen May 23 at 0:06
- Geographic Information Systems 22.1k 22.1k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 194 194 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 136 136 11 gold badge11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Open Data 101 101 11 bronze badge
- Parenting 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 18 Making ArcGIS for Desktop play sound on speaker when model completes?
- 15 What causes ERROR 000210: Cannot create output in_memory\AND from ArcPy?
- 15 Benefits of *.las vs *.xyz or *.ascii when working with LiDAR in ArcGIS for Desktop?
- 15 Python can't read shapefile
- 13 Writing conditional (if/then) statements into ArcGIS Field Calculator using Python Parser?
- 12 Checking "connectedness'' of line shapefile in ArcMap?
- 11 Setting NoData for a multiband raster?
- View more network posts →