Member for 8 years, 7 months
I have been working in the GIS industry since 1992, originally in capture for over 6 years and then in 1999 moved on to ArcInfo workstation and AML development.
Since the release of ArcGIS 8.3 I have been developing with ArcObjects, initially in VBA and then VB6. I started learning .net when ESRI announced they were discontinuing support for VBA and VB6, since then I have become fluent in VB.net and C# using ArcObjects.
I have had some success in using GDAL/OGR in C++ and .net and have written successful and useful programs.
I have developed with python since ArcGis 9.2 through several versions of geoprocessor.
- Geographic Information Systems 24.9k 24.9k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 284 284 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Super User 203 203 11 gold badge33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Open Data 101 101 11 bronze badge
- Parenting 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 23 Python can't read shapefile
- 18 Making ArcGIS for Desktop play sound on speaker when model completes?
- 16 What causes ERROR 000210: Cannot create output in_memory\AND from ArcPy?
- 15 Benefits of *.las vs *.xyz or *.ascii when working with LiDAR in ArcGIS for Desktop?
- 15 Checking "connectedness'' of line shapefile in ArcMap?
- 14 Writing conditional (if/then) statements into ArcGIS Field Calculator using Python Parser?
- 13 Reversing color ramp in ArcMap?
- View more network posts →