I am a freelance GIS consultant with specialities in 3D visualisation (e.g. www.deepmaps.co.uk and animated landscape models for public participation in planning), wind farm analysis and bespoke geospatial analysis.
Previously I have lead a small commercial GIS consultancy team in a large research institute, headed up a team undertaking a massive geo-data processing endeavour of entire country and world-wide data sets as part of an ambitious computer games development project before becoming GeoMatics Manager for the UK branch of a German wind farm company.
I 'grew up' on ArcInfo 6.x and migrated to ArcGIS, while dabbling with Idrisi and ERDAS Imagine. I now predominantly use open source software (e.g. GDAL/OGR, Shapely, PostGIS, OpenLayers, QGIS, GRASS, Mapnik etc.) and highly commend the OSGeo 'stable' to anybody looking for an alternative to expensive proprietary GIS solutions. Other experience includes WindPro, WindFarm, OpenWind, Blender, GIMP, Python and Eclipse.
- Geographic Information Systems 32.3k 32.3k 22 gold badges5757 silver badges119119 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 1111 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 353 353 11 gold badge55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Woodworking 173 173 55 bronze badges
- Blender 101 101 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 62 How to fix 'Object arrays cannot be loaded when allow_pickle=False' for imdb.load_data() function?
- 37 What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- 35 Resampling GeoTIFF images to same resolution using QGIS
- 30 Handling multiple map frames with different layers in one print layout?
- 29 Reading Excel sheet in ArcPy script?
- 28 Draw lines from points in QGIS
- 28 Skill requirements and resources to run a private GIS consultancy/ GIS service providing firm?
- View more network posts →