I have a Bachelor of Science in Applied Geoinformatics (Computer Science, Information Systems, GIS and Environmental Studies). I am currently the Senior Consultant in charge of GIS & Technology in Aurecon's Asset management team. I spent a year as the Enterprise GIS Coordinator & GIS Specialist for Vodacom SA (Vodafone's South African OpCo), after a few years as a Systems GIS Consultant & Geodev at Aurecon (multinational engineering company) and a year as a GIS Intern at the local municipality.
I have always had a passion for computers and geography, so studying and working in the Geoinformatics field has given me the best of both worlds.
My questions/answers will be written in South African (UK) English - please do not "correct" my spelling.
- Geographic Information Systems 3.9k 3.9k 77 gold badges3232 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Windows Phone 469 469 11 gold badge88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Super User 352 352 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 295 295 11 gold badge22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Genealogy & Family History 259 259 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 17 Adding GPX files into ArcMap?
- 15 Using web mapping and geocoding to track genealogical data
- 15 Tracking family names and migration patterns using GIS?
- 14 How to determine the date of the Bing imagery for an area?
- 14 Increasing display performance of ArcGIS Online Basemaps like Bing in ArcMap?
- 11 Is the Mayor aware of the fact that she is the Evil Queen in Once Upon a Time?
- 10 Breaking apart a polygon layer by unique values, creating many new layers
- View more network posts →