Former geologist, I am now full-time employed head of the team for applied geoinformatics at the municipality of Erlangen (Bavaria, Germany). As a sideline, I provide consulting and development services in the QGIS environment.
Basically I would consider GIS also one of my (favorite) leisure activities (alongside my family of course and a few other hobbies such as reading, music, vertical sports, riding, etc.). Because I consider free software to be very important particularly in the GIS subject, I am also board member of the german QGIS user group (QGIS-DE e.V., https://www.qgis.de).
Besides others, I mainly use QGIS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Python and FME.
Member for 4 years, 5 months
7 profile views
Last seen Feb 17 at 15:33
- Geographic Information Systems 11k 11k 55 gold badges2727 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 277 277 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 263 263 33 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- German Language 173 173 66 bronze badges
- Open Source 141 141 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 27 What is the difference between != NULL and IS NOT NULL in QGIS filter expressions?
- 15 How to control the arrow length of vector field markers in the layer list legend?
- 14 Creating "oblique bounding box" with maximum width/height ratio?
- 13 Clean way to cancel QGIS processing scripts from gui
- 11 QGIS clip vector layer to current map extent
- 10 QGIS 2.14.6 Processing Extension, 'Polygonize' Tool missing
- 10 Why is QGIS graphical modeler modal?
- View more network posts →