My work focuses largely on integrating machine learning and remote sensing to assess landscape level vegetation structure and composition.
I am first and foremost a spatial ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and forest ecology.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Systems♦ 46.3k 46.3k 2222 gold badges121121 silver badges278278 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.6k 5.6k 1212 gold badges5151 silver badges9696 bronze badges
- Super User 233 233 11 gold badge22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Data Science 227 227 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Freelancing 169 169 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 127 How to upgrade AWS CLI to the latest version?
- 83 When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 70 Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 58 Update R using RStudio
- 55 How to remove Esri basemap credits?
- 50 Creating square buffer around point feature using ArcGIS for Desktop?
- 50 What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- View more network posts →