My work focuses largely on integrating machine learning and remote sensing to assess landscape level vegetation structure and composition.
I am first and foremost a spatial ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and forest ecology.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Systems♦ 38.9k 38.9k 2222 gold badges114114 silver badges265265 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.9k 2.9k 1010 gold badges4949 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- Super User 168 168 11 gold badge11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Area 51 154 154 44 bronze badges
- Parenting 147 147 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 102 How to upgrade AWS CLI to the latest version?
- 82 When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 69 Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 55 Update R using RStudio
- 53 Removing Esri basemap credits?
- 49 What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- 47 What are the benefits of hexagonal sampling polygons?
- View more network posts →