My work focuses largely on integrating machine learning and remote sensing to assess landscape level vegetation structure and composition.
I am first and foremost a spatial ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and forest ecology.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Systems♦ 48.8k 48.8k 2424 gold badges135135 silver badges291291 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.4k 6.4k 1212 gold badges5656 silver badges104104 bronze badges
- Data Science 297 297 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Super User 233 233 11 gold badge44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Freelancing 171 171 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 148 How to upgrade AWS CLI to the latest version?
- 84 When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 72 Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 65 How to display only files from aws s3 ls command?
- 60 Update R using RStudio
- 56 How to remove Esri basemap credits?
- 54 What are the benefits of hexagonal sampling polygons?
- View more network posts →