My work focuses largely on integrating machine learning and remote sensing to assess landscape level vegetation structure and composition.
I am first and foremost a spatial ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and forest ecology.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Systems♦ 49.5k 49.5k 2424 gold badges140140 silver badges297297 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.9k 6.9k 1212 gold badges5959 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Data Science 327 327 22 gold badges44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Super User 235 235 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Ask Different 181 181 11 gold badge11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 154 How to upgrade AWS CLI to the latest version?
- 85 When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 77 How to display only files from aws s3 ls command?
- 73 Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 62 Update R using RStudio
- 56 How to remove Esri basemap credits?
- 55 What are the benefits of hexagonal sampling polygons?
- View more network posts →