I am a senior landscape ecologist and biometrician with The Nature Conservancy's, Global Lands Science team. I attempt to bring vigor from diverse fields such as landscape ecology, spatial statistics, remote sensing and applied mathematics to answer practical conservation questions. I am a visiting Professor at the University of Wyoming with ~110 publications in peer-reviewed journals (H index = 35, i10-index = 46). I teach graduate courses in spatial statistics, quantitative landscape ecology and nonparametric statistics as well as the occasional workshop. I have ridden horses for 45+ years and played guitar in several swing and bluegrass bands.
Top network posts
- 37 setting values for ntree and mtry for random forest regression model
- 35 Machine Learning Algorithms for Land Cover Classification
- 29 How to perform Random Forest land cover classification?
- 28 Recommended programming language for remote sensing?
- 25 R - Create a boundingbox, convert to Polygon class and Plot
- 24 How to Find the Average Raster Value of an area defined by a shapefile using R?
- 21 Merging multiple SpatialPolygonDataFrames into 1 SPDF in R?
- View more network posts →