Professional historian and occasional GIS-user in the domain of spatial humanities, mainly using QGIS and other FOSS software. My main interests are map making, data analysis and visualization.
I teach GIS as a method for (mainly) the humanities and social sciences and as a tool to promote digital skills.
From a technical point of view, I'm especially fond of the powerful QGIS Expression Engine and it's application with Geometry Generator.
You can find me here.
Top network posts
- 18 Re-locating points randomly at certain distance in QGIS
- 16 Coordinate Reference System in QGIS: Project vs Layer
- 15 Making an ellipse based on an ellipse-like polygon in QGIS
- 14 Changing shapefiles from a geographic coordinate system to a projected coordinate system in QGIS; converting from WGS84 to EPSG:2263
- 13 Why accurate area of all countries cannot be obtained using a single EPSG code, even if it corresponds to an equal-area projection?
- 13 Perpendicular lines on line using QGIS
- 13 Getting lat/long for centroids using QGIS
- View more network posts →