Risk professional (analytics and other stuff). Dabbler in GIS. Previously developer in dinosaur-era programming languages (C, Pascal, Prolog, 8080 and 6502 assembler!), now stumbling along in R and Python.
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Member for 2 years, 4 months
9 profile views
Last seen Jun 4 at 16:42
- Academia 6.1k 6.1k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 4.9k 4.9k 44 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 266 266 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 181 181 11 silver badge22 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 136 136 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 168 How to react to some students who book an appointment and do not show up?
- 48 Can professors generally keep books paid for with university funds?
- 44 What do professors do if they receive a complaint about incompetence of a teaching assistant?
- 32 Decision to peer-review a paper by author who does not believe in acknowledging reviewers
- 29 Declining a paper review after accepting it and seeing the manuscript
- 26 Is there a point to setting assignment deadlines and late penalties besides practicality?
- 17 Consequences of submitting a job application close to the deadline
- View more network posts →