It is a common problem in Stack Exchange when users use comments to write answers instead of posting them as actual answers in the answer box. Sometimes, the motive for doing so is legit, but it is still a problem:
- question remains officially unanswered;
- it is difficult to find the answer in a pile of comments;
- it leads to duplicates (because the answer was not found), etc.
More on this has been discussed in GIS Meta before. Refer to:
- Can we enforce the "Answers in Answer section" rule more? (Feb/2017).
- Should I post answers to questions that already have answers as a comment? (Dec/2014).
- What happens to questions with no answer where person asking told the question is not relevant anymore? (Apr/2014).
- Too many questions left unanswered when answer inside comments? (Jul/2012).
- Answering questions with a comment? (Aug/2011).
- What should be done with questions that have been self-resolved as a comment instead of an answer? (canonical post from Meta Stack Exchange).
If I want to do something about it, how can I find such questions? Maybe a Stack Exchange Data Explorer (SEDE) query?