The ambiguous arcgis tag is approaching burnination with less than 50 questions still bearing it, and still needing their content checked to determine whether they should be re-tagged as arcgis-desktop, arcgis-server, arcgis-online, or another
What should happen to the arcgis tag when its count reaches 0?
Some options are:
- Do nothing - inevitably this will see someone with enough privilege to create a tag resurrect it, probably on an almost daily basis.
- Blacklist it - which will mean that it cannot be used, just like the
geospatialtags cannot - users trying to type it will need to choose something else.
- Make it a synonym of arcgis-platform - this term does not seem to be in general use but as a "catch all" it would be accurate.
- Make it a synonym of arcgis-desktop - this is still what most users mean when they say ArcGIS.
- Make it a synonym of arcgis-online - this is what a significant subset of users now start to call ArcGIS.
- Make it a synonym of something else.
- Something else?